Enabling individuals and organisations to support, inspire and empower communities.
To work across the Arun & Chichester Districts to build capacity and enhance third sector organisations by providing them with the necessary support, information and services to enable them to pursue or contribute to their communities to the best of their ability.
To promote, collaborate, organise and facilitate co-operation and partnership working between voluntary, statutory and other relevant bodies for the benefit of these communities.
To build confidence, skills and capacity which allow communities to find their own voices.
VAAC will provide support through
- Helping Hands – Working towards empowering marginalised sections of our community
- Holding Hands – We know how to help
- Handover – To give the skills to fundraise, from car boots to commissioning
- Handouts! – Our website, emails and magazine provide information based on years of experience
- Hands up! – We recruit volunteers, and identify volunteering opportunities – see Volunteer Now!
- Show of Hands – We enable all to stand up, speak out and be heard
- Joining Hands – We are a force to be reckoned with! Supporting through networking and partnership
Where our core funding comes from to support our services:
West Sussex County Council, Arun District Council, Chichester District Council and Littlehampton Town Council
We also receive funding for our projects from:
Arun District Council – Chichester District Council – West Sussex County Council – Lloyds TSB Foundation – Chichester in Partnership – Littlehampton Town Council – Arun & Chichester Community Cohesion Group – Safer Arun Partnership – The Big Lottery Awards for All – WSCC Social Enterprise Fund – No Second Night Out Fund – Chichester City Council – Sussex Police
Service Level Agreements:
We will continue to deliver our Arun and Chichester District Service Level Agreements which both run until March 2016
Key message to our funders:
Our name has changed, our post may go to a different address but we will deliver our services from wherever they are needed throughout Chichester and Arun Districts.
Got an idea you want put into action?
Got an issue, want your voice heard?
From marginalised to mainstream, we know how to help, contact us today!
Telephone: 01243 840305